Friday, September 10, 2010

Team Garrett



Most of you probably know that my nephew Garrett, who is 5, was diagnosed with Type 1 Juvenile Diabetes not long before his 3rd birthday. So, last year I participated in the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes. My friend Jordyn, who has a niece that was diagnosed at the same age, and I decided somewhat at the last minute that it would be a fun thing to do and it was for a good cause. We had a lot of fun, there was a LOT of people there, and we were able to raise a couple hundred dollars.

This year, we have organized "Team Garrett" which includes me, my mom, sisters, kids, nieces and nephews, and an aunt and uncle on Garrett's Bingham side of the family. So far we have raised $643.00! However, I still have not met my goal of $250.00 and am hoping to still raise donations if possible. If you are able to donate, any amount helps, even a dollar.

We will be walking Saturday, September 18th at Snake River Landing and I am getting really excited. We will even have official "Team Garrett" t-shirts! It is a great cause and I hope that with the money that is raised that someday they will be able to find a cure for this disease.

To donate, you can go to my site at http://walk.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=extranet.personalpage&confirmid=87729588 or email me at lyndsgood@hotmail.com.

Thanks you!

No comments: