Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Oregon Trip 2013 - Day 2

So, day 2 started out a little slower and a little more sore than the day before. 

We decided to go check out the Oregon Coast Aquarium in Newport, so after eating breakfast (eggs without salt are not my favorite (no salt in the rental house . . . really?)) we packed up and headed out.

I didn't take my fancy camera with us through the aquarium because I never print the pictures of fish anyway, but I did take my iphone and snapped a couple of pics.

The starfish in the touching tank at the aquarium.  Lots of colors and sizes!

Jellyfish!  So beautiful, yet so frightening.  I think they are fascinating.

Courtney was being a giant crab . . . I mean was SITTING by a giant Japanese crab. 

After we were finished at the aquarium we went and got lunch.  While we wanted to try Mo's Restaurant, the line and the lack of parking in the bay area changed our minds and we headed for Pig'n Pancake instead where everyone enjoyed their favorite breakfast food for lunch.

After this, we realized that the slow leak coming from our tire should probably be checked, so we stopped at a local tire store and ended up having to replace the tire. Glad we took the time to have it looked at before we headed home later in the week.

After that, we decided it would be fun to go check out the shops in the bay area and we heard all kinds of ruckus going on at the pier.

Sea lions at Newport Bay - they sure are noisy!

See what I mean?

Newport Bay - love the shops down here.  We stopped in a candy shop and bought some different kinds of salt water taffy.  After we got outside the store, we started walking down the street and hadn't even got 10 feet away when Courtney realized that one of the pieces of taffy had pulled one of her molars completely out!  Not even one that was terribly loose. Ha ha! That's one way to get her teeth pulled. (She hates pulling teeth and will basically let them rot out of her head before she will pull them on her own.)

After we had wandered shops for some time, we decided we were beat again (vacation wears us out apparently) and headed back for the house.

After that, we explored the beach more, but since my camera is dead at this point, I will have to continue this post tomorrow . . .



No comments: