For those who didn't already know, I survived a parathyroidectomy and have been functioning on 3 of 4 parathyroids for the past week and feel just fine. The surgery went well, both my calcium and parathyroid hormone levels are now at normal levels and I am sure to have a cool scar at the base of my neck to tell great stories with!
Tonight Kade had a game at Civitan park in Idaho Falls, and I just had to comment about how amazing the weather was and how much I enjoyed it. Watching him play baseball makes me realize just how much he is growing up, it is incredible. These boys are turning into men right before our eyes and I can't believe how fast it is going.
After the game we went and got smoothies and a loaf of bread to feed the ducks at the Greenbelt, it was such a beautiful night, it is days like these that literally feed my soul. There is something about spring that makes me feel like I can survive again, after the forever long winter everything comes back to life and it seems that it is just in the nick of time for me. So all of the signs of spring/summer make me so happy! Flowering trees, full canals and ditches, the green grass, we even saw baby geese at the river tonight, all of these things make me so happy! (I know, I am impressed by simple things.)
I am thankful for the beautiful world God gave us and it was fun to just hang out with the kids tonight and enjoy it with them.
We're Cookin'
5 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment