Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Camping Independence Birthday!







The 4th of July is always a busy time for us. Courtney's birthday is July 5th (so is cousin Kesley's) and it always ends up being a big birthday/holidayapalooza. This year with the 4th being on a Saturday, we decided to take the new camper on her maiden voyage.
So we left Thursday and camped in Kilgore until today, Sunday. We had a great time, it was just our own little family and we got to fish, play games, and eat yummy food. We did love camping in the trailer, quite a step up from our tenting days. On the night of the 4th, we turned on the KLCE fireworks music and had our own little show with the out-of-state fireworks purchased the week before. It was pretty fun, sparkler dancing was my personal favorite, (I only wish we had bought more sparklers). Both of the kids said it was their best 4th of July ever, so that was really cool.

I have to say I had some very mixed emotions this holiday, I love this country and am so thankful for those who have defended and are defending our country, but I wonder what road we are headed down with things in the current state that they are. When I hear the song, "God Bless America", I hope that He truly will.

We got back home this afternoon and then were able to have most of the family over to celebrate Courtney and Kesley's birthdays. They are fun girls with a lot of personality and it is fun that they get to celebrate their birthdays on the same day. Court turned 9 and Kesley 8. We got Court a new bedspread, which means I will soon be painting her bedroom. We are also hoping to find her a captain's bed that will be a bed/dresser combo, hopefully that will give her a little more room in her tiny bedroom.



No comments: