Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Shower for Rachael!

Well, in case any one was not aware . . . Rachael is having a baby. Soon. She is officially due the 27th, but is going to beg her doctor to start her this Friday. So, soon. I have to say, that it is a bit strange to have your baby sister be pregnant. I don't ever feel that old myself, but when a sister that is 12 years younger than you is having a baby, that makes me realize that I am not actually 23 anymore like my mind likes to think I am. But, I am very excited for Rachael & Brandon and can't wait to meet the newest nephew that will be joining the family. (There are two more Martineau family babies on the way too!)

So, this last Friday night, we had a shower for Baby Rainey (Race, Blake, Diesel, not sure what the name will be) and I thought I would post a few pictures. Kellie & Lori were in charge and they did an amazing job and everything was just lovely! So thanks girlies! Rachael made a haul with all of the gifts she got, I don't think she will have to buy anything for this kid until he goes to kindergarten!

The amazing food that was prepared for your eating pleasure . . . there's just never enough food!
Rachael, trying to describe what she will use various baby items for while blindfolded. I'm not sure she should be allowed near a breast pump.
Cute Fisher that was ever-so-helpful in unwrapping gifts, (and actually looks very similar to what my dad looked like at this age even though Fisher is not related to the Martineau Family.)


Rachael and one of the many adorable outfits she received.

No comments: