Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ahhh November

Well, I don't have any exciting or witty story to tell, but I just thought I'd check in and say Hi.

Since last post, I did take the FAR section of the CPA exam and while I was not as prepared as I would have liked to be, it didn't go quite as bad as I thought it would. (Of course I can say that now because I won't get my score for another month or so.) Hopefully since this is overall financial accounting I can rely on what I have been learning for the last five years to get me a good, solid 75%! (That is the required score to pass.) So keep your fingers crossed!

Having taken the test, I am left to a fairly quiet point of life right now, considering the fact that I only am taking one class this semester, which is nice. This month is probably the quietest I will have until next July or so, so I am doing my best to enjoy it.

I really like November anyway, Halloween is fun and all, but November is just nice. I have always loved Thanksgiving (How can you go wrong with a Holiday that revolves around food?) and while I do love Christmas, there is so much craziness that surrounds it. So it is just nice to have November.

Some exciting news is that both Annie and Lori appear to be having baby girls in March, so that will be fun. We have had a girl deficiency for some time on the Martineau side (ironic, I know), but after these babies are born, everything will be even. 7 boys, 7 girls. And babies are fun. I got to hold Rachael's baby Rayce this weekend at his blessing and any time I get to hold a very snuggly, non-fussy newborn is a good time in my book. So Congrats to Lori & Annie, can't wait to snuggle more babies!

Well, that's about it. At the moment, everyone is healthy and happy at our house, knock on wood. Hope you are all happy and healthy as well. Happy November!

2 comments:

Kaye Lynn said...

I'm with ya on November. It's like you can take a deep breath and relax for a minute before you dive into winter and Christmas.

Amberly said...

November is stressing me out! I hope December isn't worse. I hope your test went well and I'm sure you passed!!