Well, I just thought I would report that I got my results for the most recent section of the CPA Exam today and I PASSED!!! (Yes, I was the crazy lady you heard screaming her head off at about 1:46 p.m. today.)
Courtney and I were on our way to Rexburg when I stopped and checked the mail on the way out of the driveway, and there IT was. The envelope with "Idaho State Board of Accountancy" as the return address. It is right then that you know it is do or die. I think my exact words were "Oh Crap". You see, when I took this exam, I went into it pretty much thinking I was doomed. Greg had lost his job a few months before, which meant that I had been working full time since August and I also was back in the middle of another "MBA" class, two factors that I did not have to contend with while taking the other sections I took during the summer. So, I just did not have the study time that I would have liked to have had. Anyhoo, I made Courtney open the envelope, which took, like 20 minutes, and finally she told me the good news. Cue screaming, laughter, etc. etc.
What makes me the most happy is that I see the light at the end of this tunnel and I am realizing just how close I am to being done. I only have one more section to pass of the CPA and three more classes after this semester and I AM DONE. I can't even imagine what it will be like to have nothing to study for or no papers to write. I am so excited to think of the possibility of having time to do the things that I want to do. :)
On a different note, Courtney had her first "Festival" today, which is where we went to BYU-Idaho and she played two songs on her violin for a judge. Later on, her teacher called and said that the judge had scored her at a 99, which I think is tremendous for a girl who has been playing for just 8 months. She has done very well and I am proud of her. She was most excited about getting such a good score and what with my good news, she took it upon herself to go and write "Happy Day" on November 21's square of the calendar. Happy day indeed.
We're Cookin'
2 months ago



1 comment:
Good Job Girls!! You are both working so hard at your talents and it's paying off!! Yeah!
Post a Comment